Smart small businesses are beginning to realize the real potential YouTube offers them in building their online brand presence. With YouTube being the second most popular search engine in the world there is no doubt that your customers are on YouTube no matter what your industry may be. To make the most of the social network there are some YouTube specific tips that companies should follow if online brand presence is the goal.
1) Keep videos short – Most people don’t want to commit to much more than a few minutes when watching YouTube. Instead of losing customers half way through a long video try to make videos short and to the point. If you have a topic that requires a good chunk of time split it up into parts to keep the time short for each video.
2) Customize your channel – YouTube gives account holders lots of options when it comes to customizing their channel. When deciding on how your channel should look try to be consistent with other online representations of your brand by using consistent colors, a logo or slogan.
3) Keep up with comments – Your customers will comment on your videos and recognizing those comments is how you keep them coming back for more. Negative or critical comments aren’t all bad either. If someone criticizes your brand acknowledge their view point and handle the situation with dignity.
4) Follow the metrics – YouTube offers free analytics to brands with channels and that information is priceless. You can use the analytics to determine which videos are most popular as well as when your customers are watching videos. That will help with scheduling issues and help you keep track of online brand presence growth.
5) Keep to a schedule – Creating videos can be tough for a small business and creating high quality videos can be time consuming. Even if you aren’t able to post more than a few videos per month create a schedule and stick to it. This will help build a customer base and online brand presence.
These are just a few YouTube specific strategies any small business can employ to make the most of the huge social network. All too often small businesses are intimidated by creating videos and huge competitors with highly popular channels. Instead of caving in to self-doubt every small business should try their hand at YouTube. You’ll be amazed at how much it will help your online brand presence grow.